Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Techie Stuff and an Update

Howdy All,
Well as you can see, there is a new "widget" thingy on the bottom left of this blog. I signed up for widgetbox.com, and made myself a "blidget" that will (I think) go up on their site, that will link back to this blog. Although that's not really why I went there, I do think it's kind of cool. I visited the site so I could try and make some widgets for this blog that would link to my Bonanzle booths. So far I haven't figured out how to do that. Hopefully I will. Hopefully soon. In the mean time, the Book Nook is still coming along, and I am adding things to it. Ebay sales are going okay this week, and although I still haven't sold anything on Bonanzle, I still remain optimistic.

In other news, I have taken the "plunge" and "retired" from my real world job in order to persue online sales full time. After 18 years of working for the state, I have to admit I feel a little adrift, but I am sure that will pass. I am really looking forward to devoting more time to my Boanazle booths and ebay store, especially heading out on the hunt for more treasures to put in them. I guess we'll see how this all goes. Life is an adventure, isn't it.

I still haven't forgotten about the series of articles that are the primary focus of this blog, and after the dust settles from all the changes around here, they will begin to appear again on a more regular basis. Currently I am working on an article about vintage and collectible cookie jars. I think you'll enjoy it.

Well, that's enough jawin' for tonight, so until next time, thanks for readin' this ol' blog, and be sure to check back from time to time!
Adios,
Whiskey Jack

No comments: