Monday, December 8, 2008

My Week Online

Howdy Folks,
Well, it's been awhile since I posted here, purt near a week I suppose. It appears my Ol' Widget Box (computer) has decided to take up bug collecting and has managed to infect itself quite nicely. I think I've got them all removed, but I reckon time will really tell. I
mentioned in one of my last posts that I was working on coming up with a format for these daily musings of mine, and I think I have figured one out that will work. We'll see, huh? I would like to start using Mondays posts to talk about my week online. My sales and such, and so, since today is Monday, here goes.

Sales this past week weren't bad, especially considering I only spend about 2-4 hours per week doing this stuff. I didn't have any sales in my Bonanzle booth this past week, but I am still optimistic that they will eventually take off. I know that in order to boost sales, the one thing I really need is time. Time to invest in promoting my booth, time to invest in adding more items, and so on. And unfortunately, time is the one thing that is really at a premium. I work a full time job (and by full time I mean 10 - 12 hours each day including commute time) and I just don't have the time I need and would like to spend promoting my sales presence online.

Ebay wasn't bad though, and made up some for not having any sales on Bonanzle. I sold a small lot of 1800's railroad related ephemera, about 6 or 7 pieces. I've had this particular lot up for a couple of weeks, starting at $9.95, and that's eventually what it sold for. Considering I didn't pay anything for the lot, the sale price was all profit. The lot didn't contain any earth shattering information or events mentioned, and contained generic memos and notices and such, so I didn't expect it to go for a whole lot. All in all I was pleased with the sale. Here's a photo of the lot.

I also sold a vintage 1970's Arnel's Mushroom sugar bowl. I purchased it for 25 cents at a yard sale, and it sold for $4.20. Not a lot, but still a good profit margin. It was a cute little sugar bowl, and I think the buyer will be pleased with it. Here is a photo of it.

My biggest seller this past week was a paintball gun with a large pack of access
ories. It garnered quite a bit of interest, and a good number of bidders. As with the old railroad ephemera, I picked it up for free, so the profit margin was great. It sold for $76.00. I am quite sure that it was actually worth a bit more, but what the hey, isn't that what eBay is for? Making deals? Here is a photo of the paintball gun and accessories.

All in all it wasn't a bad week online, and as always, I'm always looking forward to next weeks sales. Well until tomorrow, take care and I hpoe you all have a great day.
Adios,
Whiskey Jack

Todays Word of Wisdom:
"Words that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled."

No comments: